Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

do you automatically start assessing?

your image or personality in your mind solely by your interpretation of a stranger/s facial expression or body-language when they might look at you for more than the time that you find normal or comfortable in public situations ie:on a bus or a queue or train for instance!or do you go into a defensive frame of mind and look back at them like that ?

Favorite Answer

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't care but in reality I know that if I'm righteous, I'm not the one with the problem.

Honestly, I don't think there's much assessing that you can do on yourself on a bus or a train. I think you have to sit down with yourself privately and assess yourself. I jump to the defensive frame of mind and you should too, especially when you don't know what their problem is.

you think about it too much,i used to too. dont worry about what the other person is thinking about. most likely they are just starin and wondering about something else and happen to look on you.

no