What is with all these tards asking if they won the lotto?

Every day I come on here and see about a hundred people asking if they won the lotto because some spam junk email they got told them they did. WTF? Are these people really this naive?

I just wish there was some way to give them all one big blanket answer....

NO! You didn't win the lotto, now quit being an idiot!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ZCT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree. It is amazing how many times this question gets asked. And when you ask a question on Answers it even tells you that similar questions have been asked before you submit. Yet people still submit the same question over and over again.

These people are so gullible they actually think that some random foreign country has partnered with some random American corporation, to randomly pick out email addresses, and give these people who have never payed to enter this foreign lottery a big prize. How would this even work?

How would Americans feel if they were told that no one in America won the huge $200m Power Ball rollover because Microsoft decided to randomly award the winning ticket to some guy who lives in India that has never played the lottery? Americans would be pissed, and rightly so.

The only time a corporation gives away money is as a publicity stunt. They don't secretly buy lottery tickets and then demand $1,000 to cover the costs of shipping the money to someone they picked at random.

The whole concept is so nonsensical it doesn't even pass the laugh test. Yet every day people fall for this con trick. What's more one can only assume that some people actually hand over personal information and money to these con people. After all, if this scam didn't work, no one would do it any more.

• 1 decade ago

Put up a large banner at the office reception (or a place everybody see when the come in first thing in the morning) saying:

"NO! You didn't win the lotto, now quit being an idiot!"

• 1 decade ago

Well if they do think they won a bogus spam lottery, i have 100 acres of swamp land in the arctic to sell them!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.