who can serve u with a eviction notice?

can the landlord serve you

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The landlord can serve you.....the Eviction Notice is just the first step.....he then takes a copy of that Notice w/ a Declaration that he served you and files both with the Court.....to continue the process.

  • Your land lord can put an evicition notice on your door, however there are procedings that you must go through first. He would first send a letter of evicition, then he would file with the magistrates court, they would then serve you with a court date, usually a police officer or constable. Then once you appear in court, its finalized, but, word of caution, usually the landlords side is always taken, and in the end you ultimately lose, is better to cut your losses, The system isn't set up for the little man on the totem pole. or justice for that matter. In the end the place is his and you lose. However if, you needed more time to move, this process can last sometimes up to 2-3 months that I've seen, depends on you :-)

  • Wendy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago


    (a) The manager of the building you live in. Or the owner of that building. Also, the assistant manager, provided the manager can not for a legitimate reason. Both the manager and assistant manager MUST have the approval of the owner of the dwelling.

    (b) If you live in a house or similar, then the agency you rent from, or the owner of the dwelling you reside in.

    * The husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, friend is NOT able by law to hand you an evicton notice. Unless they are part of the contract.

    This is law in the part of Canada I am familiar with. :o)

  • 1 decade ago

    The landlord can present the notice to you, only after they have went to the District Justice's office to obtain one. Without this, their "notice" is no good.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • druid
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    <>Anyone can serve a duly authorized legal notice, such as an eviction notice.

  • lou b
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Yes, but he has usually had to go to court to get the notice recognised.

  • 1 decade ago

    It depends on the city/state you live in. Google your city and the lanlord tenant act.

  • 1 decade ago

    Check your local laws, it depends on your area.

  • 1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.