Anyone know what cause white sandy/powderly dust indoor?

I have had the dust in my place for 2-3 months, but I didn't inform landlord until today. Sometimes, I feel it's very foggy in my room. I was told it is quite strange.

Today, I used air purifier, and I was shocked to see within 1 hour, the blades were all covered with the white powderly dust.

Anyone know what could cause this, and how do I deal with it?

Thank you!!

Favorite Answer

Could be a lot of things, but none of them are anything I'd want to be breathing in on a daily basis. Get back with your landlord and get the problem fixed tomorrow. If he's unwilling to immediately find and fix the problem, find somewhere else to stay until it's fixed. Even if the substance isn't toxic, it's still clogging your lungs.

Hi i think you should have a look around your neighbourhood. That dust sounds like its coming from some kind of factory or work shop and it could be toxic.

it is your skin flaking off. we humans shed skin cells an it turns into a fine dust.