can one marry from another christian denomination?

i am an anglican can i marry a girl from seventh day adventist church.

Favorite Answer

Pesonally yes..Bible has no restrictions about marriage as long as you love each other but your 'church' may not agree, because at least one of them will lose a member.

I'm a Catholic and our religion does not restrict that as long as you will marry in the Catholic rites. Also, we will not put pressure on the non-member to convert to us..Thats our big difference to other religion.

• JohnC

IMO One of you is bound to push and pull the other into what you believe is the right denomination. I wouldn't do it. I was raised going alternately to both Catholic (mom) and Baptist (dad) churches. If you plan on having kids then consistency is something you should think about. I would marry someone from the same denomination if I were you.

You can marry whomever you choose! The real question is :it is wise to marry someone outside your own denomination? The Bible speaks about marriying in the Lord, and when we agree on religious matters things we be much easier in life.If you are both practicing your religion there will be conflicts in the future , no doubt. But you decide, I would not advise it though!

Why not......if you luv her go ahead by all means

The church will say a lot of things but Jesus dint ask us to be anglican or adventist or jacobites or marthomites!!

Well, I was Catholic and I married a man who was a Hutterite who left the colony. I left the Catholic faith and he left his Hutterite faith and we are now both born again Christians.

The answer is yes.

Sure. Why not? There's one God and we all serve Him. The only problem is that as one family, you will want to congregate in the same place. With this said, the decision is yours.

Sure- the foundational belief system is the same- will have to work on going to church either sun or sat. and other details=D

For marriage better follow ur parents advice.

om namah shivaya.

Uh, yes. Only gays (unfortunately) are barred from marrying in our country.

My mom was Catholic, my dad is Protestant. They just celebrated their 25th anniversary. :)