What IP Address I must put to my NIC or my network connection when adding new wireless device?

when I try to add a new wireless Access point to my network and the default IP for the wireless device is 192.168.1.1 is it must deffer from this default IP ? or the same ? or what ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

all you need to get ip automatically dont put any static ip,,, once you get dynamic ip you will be connected to wireless device

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have an existing network, give the wireless router, the next available address on the same network...

i.e. if the ip address on computer 1 is 10.1.1.1; make the router address 10.1.1.2 (with the same subnet mask as the existing network devices)

Also, setup dhcp on the router with a pool of addresses on the same network (10.1.1.3 through 10.1.1.10)

Hope this helps

Source(s): years of networking experience
  • 4 years ago

Are you utilising an Apple laptop?? you could call the Technical help line for unfastened help... they are very powerful!! Why are you attempting to alter your ip handle in any case??? Regardless, stable success. technologies is confusing

• 1 decade ago

yes it must. you can try 192.168.1.2. Also most routers have dhcp enabled so you cna try this. Dhcp makes the router automatically assign IP addreses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you dont have to set anything. Just thick DHCP.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.