I would like to buy a home theater system (7.1) With HD DVD player.Specify a product name for me?

specifications:

THX Ultra II

Dolby-latest version

DTS-latest version

SRS-latest version

Creative EAX-latest version

and RMS would minminum >1000 Watts

Favorite Answer

Okay, here's what I would put on your short list...

- 1080p HDTV: Sony Bravia XBR (choose the preferred size)

- HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-XA2 (2nd gen. 1080p player)

- 7.1 Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1000 (modular and upgradable)

- 7 Speakers: Silverline Audio Preludes & Center Stage

- 2 Subwoofers: Hsu Research VTF-3 w/Turbocharger

H a p p y

H o m e

T h e a t e r i n g !

With all due respect to Fabio, Bose and Pioneer are hardly the best brands you can find for home theater..both are barely entry level. Pioneer has a reciever that is certified THX Ultra2 but Bose won't pass even entry level THX specs, nevermind Ultra 2 specs which are the most stringent.

If you are looking for a THX Ultra 2 certified speaker package, the best of the bunch is probably the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 system. I've demo'd and installed most of the Ultra 2 packages out there and that one is consistently the most impressive. There are speaker packages that go well beyond THX Ultra 2 spec, but they tend to be for larger commercial spaces and are well beyond the scope of most people's budget.

The electronics..there are many. Denon, Marantz, Pioneer Elite, Parasound Halo, Bryston (my personal favorite).

I'd recommend working with a theater designer who can help you tailor a system specifically for your needs.

Source(s): Designing and selling Home Cinema systems for 26 years. www.thesoundbroker.com

Check out NAD or Outlaw Audio for your Processor.With both of these products you are getting even power to all 7 channels. Dont be fooled by 110 watts per channel. It isnt RMS.For your speakers you need to audition your local hi fi shops. A good store will let you return your speakers at no charge if you dont like them. Speakers sound different in your home. Energy, Klipsh, or Paradigm, to name a few. The Toshiba HD player is a good choice. Make sure your TV accepts a 1080P signal. Alot of them say 1080P, but dont accept 1080P. Good luck to ya.

Well , here is what I'm doing with my media room (which should be complete around April of this year).

Media room - 15' x 19'6"

* TV - Sharp Aquos - 46" or 52" (great value, 1080p over component and hdmi)

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelLanding/0,10...

* AV Receiver - NAD T773 (I decided to not go with the pre amp and seperates, I think this baby will have plenty of power for me)

http://www.nadelectronics.com/products/av-receiver...

* Speakers - 7.1 setup - Ascend Acoustics (great value - 340's fronts and 170's all around)

http://www.ascendacoustics.com

DVD/CD/Music - I'm using a combination of my pc (dual core, 3GB RAM, hdcp video card, etc.), xbox 360 and xbox 360 hd dvd drive to play back my music (pc is now a dvd audio player), dvd's (standard dvd's in pc drive) and hd dvd's using the xbox add on (if my processor can handle it , I'll connect it through the pc to get dolby truehd sound, otherwise it connects to the xbox 360).

My pc has an audigy 2 zs platinum sound card....I'll soon have an ati 1900x series card in there as well.

for starters you cannot get a whole package deal.... htib.... you will have to piece this together ....i will tell you the reciever you can get but then you need to pick out speakers and the hd dvd player ..... but theres only 2 hd dvd players hd-xa1 and the hd-a1

denon avr-4806ci

denon avr-5805mk2

lexicon rv-8

onkyo tx-nr1000

yamaha rx-z9

you are looking at about 3-7 k for just the reciever and about 500 for the hd dvd player.... hope this helps you out...

Source(s): i am a home theater specialist

Get Creative Sound Blasters (they rnt bad bt they r cheaper than others)

The best brands for sound systems are Bose and Pioneer (they are the most expansive you can find)

purchase the equipment, you will LOVE the diff additionally thinking feeding track to your new encompass sound sytem, obtainable together with your television, out of your computing device! AND we are changing to HD in basic terms broadcastds in Feb 09--->make advantageous new television is desperate up for that(((amd i might even insist it has a VGA jack, so which you would be able to feed video clips out of your computing device to it too((ie, save all your moviecollection on an exterior perplexing force, so which you would be able to easily leaf by way of a menu, click on one and hit play, growth action picture! (and with encompass sound LIKE A THEATRE (growth growth) properly, a minimal of that's what i'm doing-- i like thought of having no actual cd's and dvd's to could save and swap by way of automatic storage facilitates me to apply seek and get prompt consequences and then i will bypass to wikipedia for each track cd I %. from my menu it extremely is in simple terms lots extra suitable to have your television like a huge distant computing device video reveal out interior the front room--->portion of it. and that i in my opinion beleive surroundf sound is unbeatable for letting you hear a gunshot in the back of you, glass breaking in front of you, footsteps all around - you comprehend, that result's what 'encompass' is for ...and IIIIIT's BEATIFUL yet it extremely is me, and u could get use out of recent speakrs in simple terms offered that's additionally super. So there you bypass! ;)