Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

I can't sleep!?

for the past few weeks I've been having sleeping problems. I can't go to bed till 4 or 5 in the morning. Should I go on sleeping pills? Any suggestions?

• Favorite Answer

Three different types of insomnia exist. Insomnia may be classified as transient, acute (short-term), and chronic. Insomnia lasting from one night to a few weeks is referred to as transient. Most people occasionally suffer from transient insomnia due to such causes as jet lag or short-term anxiety. If this form of insomnia continues to occur from time to time, the insomnia is classified to be intermittent. Acute insomnia is the inability to consistently sleep well for a period of between three weeks to six months. Insomnia is considered to be chronic, the most serious, if it persists almost nightly for at least a month, and sometimes longer.

Source(s): www.wikipedia.org

You could try sleeping pills for a short time, the best sleeping pills are Ambien CR, they are timed released and help you stay asleep all night, unlike other sleeping pills which you wake up only aftera few hours or wake up feeling tired still, Ambien CR doesn't have these side effects. Happy Sleeping.

Try to identify the cause of your insomnia and try to eliminate it. It might be stress... I suggest some natural remedies, not pills. Work hard during the day and go to bed at the same hour. Read something before falling asleep. Much health!

Hey! There, have a warm glass of milk or use Johnson & johnson claim or lavander shower foam. Maybe this could help u. Take Care and hope you had a good sleep and don let the bedbuds bite. ;p

Click on my avatar. See my answers (dozens of times) to past questions on insomnia.

Summary: It appears you have food (and food-ingrediant) sensitivity. I am hyper sensitive to monosodium glutamate (msg), sodium phosphates, calcium disodium edta, disodium edta, soy (in all its forms except the oil extracted from it). Also, don't take any dietary supplements late in the day. Delayed sleep is the result (as though one drank a pot of coffee right at bedtime).

Most people don't get adequate sleep for their

busy schedule. But, sleep deprivation destroys

not only physical health,but also mental health.

More available at http://nosleep.in/sleepdeprivation.html

never take pills! in the first place. try reading, or a movie. you have to make up your idea that u dont get sleep. then itll b ok.

I have the same problem but I've only had it for 2 days and already I feel sum of your pain.Mann how did you stay awake.

dont depend on drugs, make move first. try to exercise or drink milk before sleep maybe it can help to you a lot, or make some meditation (yoga). dont try to sleep if your not sleepy. Good Luck, and hope you can sleep well.

I would talk to your doctor first bu tuntil then....buy something over the counter that is not addicting....maybe talk to a pharmicist! Happ yHolidays