Lots of blind mice??

I have never had a problem with mice before. Now I have them everywhere in my house! I was in bed tonite and one ran out of my clothes closet! Where are they coming from?? Has anyone tried the sticky paper? DECON? I don't like the thought of mouse traps cuz I don't want to see a dead mouse on it... gross! HELP!!!

Favorite Answer

There are mouse traps out there where you dont have to see the mouse. There's a red tab that pops up when a mouse is in the round disk thingy and then you just pick it up and dispose of the whole thing. You never see the mouse.

No I'm with you dead mice are not nice. We have a humane mouse trap but if you have a lot of mice that won't be effective. It's OK to catch one or two, but you have to take them about 5 miles from your house or they will come back (apparently). You may have no option but to call an exterminator.

I'd go with mouse traps; Decon works, but if a mouse dies somewhere in your house that's not accessible, it will REEK until it rots away completely - not a pleasant odor. A dead but fresh mouse is much better to have to remove than one that's rotting. If you go with mouse traps, I suggest baiting them with peanut butter; I had a few than went after my African violets a few years back (just the blossoms, not the leaves - go figure), and it worked like a charm.

use rat poison

It doesn't kill the rat/mouse it just puts it into a drunk like state

so all you have to do is get some one to smell the rat out (a neighbours dog would do) then get the mouse who is in a coma out of the house but get it out before 5days or it dies

Source(s): dont have rat/mice anymore :-)

Get a cat. I had one that caught mice; she would pile the heads up on the fireplace, so you won't have to worry about colecting mice from different parts of your house.

i see the problem with the trap but if you use poison they tend to hide, so what is better to see it or smell it a week later, i would suggest a cat or an exterminator.