football asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 1 decade ago

The win-win idea originated with whom and from when?

or you may give me some introduction to some similar philosophy/economic theories (some old sayings are also ok)

thanks very much!!

what i want to konw is who firstly create this phrase(win win) or sililar sayings

Favorite Answer

If you mean the idea of free trade, it originated for the first time in the book of Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations, in 1786 if I'm not wrong.

However, a clearer vision of world trade as a win-win game was given later by David Ricardo, who explained well how the all nations involved in trade benefit from it.

I'm sure this has been lost in history. It may not have been written down as a concise idea, but I'm sure even the cavemen had a notion of it when one caveman traded a piece of food for a sharpened stick or bone knife, etc. Both knew they were benefiting by trading something they didn't need very much, for something they needed more.