I want to get me and my family back on track. And start eating healthy. Got any good reciepes?
- 1 decade ago
Basic Turkey Chili
This recipe serves: 6
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1. Combine the garlic, chili powder, black pepper, salt and 1/2 cup of the tomatoes in a food processor. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.
3. Add the ground turkey and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chili powder mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the kidney beans, heat thoroughly and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
Calories 208 Carbohydrate 10 g
Fat 10 g Fiber 3 g
Protein 21 g Saturated Fat 3 g
Sodium 540 mg
- 1 decade ago
Shrimp Pasta Salad
10 ounce dried campanelle pasta, Spaghetti, or bow-ties (about 3 cups)
1-1/2 pounds cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chpped green sweet pepper
1 2-1/4 ounce can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
4 roma tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
In a large bowl comebine pasta, shrimp, celer, onion, sweet pepper, and olives. Stir in tomato wedges. Pour Citrus Vinaigrette over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Stir befire serving. Makes 10 to 12 serving.
Citrus Vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar combine 3/4 cup grapefruit juice; 1/2 cup salad oil; 2 tbsp honey; 1 tbsp snipped fresh thume or 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed; 1/4 tsp salt; and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Cover and shake well to mix.
- 1 decade ago
Go low fat... so take the skins and excess fats off your meats. Eat fresh or steamed veggies, especially green ones. Try whole wheat pasta instead of the traditional pasta... it's just as good but heartier and better for you/ tastes good, especially in sauce.
Go easy on sweets, pasta, bread and deserts.
Also, with alcohol, skip the beep and go with wine. Try the south beach diet book.
Good luck and happy new year!!!!!!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Ice QueenLv 51 decade ago
Here are some really nice ones: http://www.beauty-tricks.com/beautyforum/viewtopic...
And oh what about low fat dessert? Some recipes are listed here: http://www.beauty-tricks.com/beautyforum/viewtopic...
- Anonymous1 decade ago
There are lots of nice ones here : http://www.recipesforvegans.co.uk