what is the most profound thing someone has ever said to you?

did it change your perspective/attitude/outlook? or just stay in your head?

Favorite Answer

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. But all the angels are in heaven, and few of the fools are dead.--james thurber

read it in a book

stayed with me

haven't met some one who says profound things yet

♥šєǻŝŏл־š ۩ ĠŗęĕŦĩתĝş۞

• ?

I don't know, the most interesting thing that I wonder about is how, in an evolutionary or adaptive sense, do living creatures select the capacity to create a sense of calm when dying. Usually beneficial traits are passed on because they allow the parent to survive long enough to breed, but in this case, and in most mammals as far as I know, we are all graced with biological mechanism to make death more bearable as it happens (Not always, unfortunately). How is such a trait, only beneficial at death, then selected for in an evolutionary sense?

I was talking to my teaching assistant a couple of weeks ago. I asked him:

"How rude can one be in an essay or debate?"

And he responded with:

"The minute you call someone a Nazi, the debate is over. There is nothing left to say because you have crossed the line."

It sounds small but it was so profound because it taught me a HUGE rule about debate. I know it sounds so easy to not insult someone by calling them a 'nazi'. But it's more to it than that. You can't insult someone on the basis of something personal to them. You have to stick to the facts and not let your heart get in the way of your mind.

I have yet to meet someone who can say something profound enough to change my perspective and attitude

That life is a quest or journey on your way to heaven and each person you might is teaching you tools you need to get there.Prayer gives you the strength to be up for the challenge.Faith is the reason you wont stop until you get there.

When my son was 10, he told me he could smell suffering. When he said that, I felt so moved, I cried and held him. Now, he's 21 and the light of my life, he is profound to me.

a stranger actually told me this-i always was bothered by the way many people dress and follow the "in" thing i have always believed in individuality and creativity, but then he said let them be, let them do what they want , if you know you are different from them no need to keep stressing on why many want to be normal and not special , or why they want to look like celebrities, you know you are unique, dont let them get to you and i did that and its a really nice idea, perfect really.

aw if I could even imagine it I would quote it.

I can't remember but I'm sure it was beautiful. and it does change my attitude but just for the day or when I think about them.

• Meeya

In making major decisions in life, think of its consequences on your future. My Dad.

Happiness is a decision, not an experience.

Love is a decision, not a reaction.