Anyone know a troop that is against the war? I do.?

I was talking to a troop today at Best Buy. He’s not happy. Says they called him back for another yr. Must go, but doesn’t want to. I asked, “Why are we really over there?” He replied, “The oil.” Told him I was proud of him, but sad that he was unhappy. He replied, “Yeah, we shouldn’t be over there.” Anyone ells have a story?

Favorite Answer

How much oil have we gotten now?

Not a drop.

Any soldier that said it was about oil was just making fun of you.

You are a victim of a joke.

Educate yourself so people can't make fun of you.

Of course the soldiers don't want to be there. I can't think of any reason I'd want to go over to some incredibly hot, inconvenient country where people would want to kill me. And the Army is made up of thousands of people who all hold different views so naturally some will agree with the war and some won't.

But a soldier does what he is told. That's why he's a soldier. I wouldn't want to leave my friends and family and home but its a soldiers duty.

• Ynot!

I have read excerpts from many soldiers that wants to go back or are glad to be over there. I guess logic would dictate that there will be a percentage that do not want to be there so I guess I should ask what is you point.

That what I get from soldiers as well. Not happy about being in the wrong place, for the wrong reasons.

my drill Senior Drill instructor told us that many of her friends had died in combat when she was in Iraq and that she doesnt agree with the war, but she also told us that as Marines we do what we are ordered to do without question as to why we are doing it

Yes - and I can tell you he's delighted to have made it safely to Finland...