Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

my computer is not working even at starting beep?

i can not even see the first screen which shows booting up and i cnnot buy new. can some body please tell me how to correct the problem and it is not about software it is about hardware and the motherboard . also the starting beep is not heard which means the computer is started correctly. please help and earn 10 points

Favorite Answer

check if the ram is sat correctly into the slot and the pci card is set correctly. change the settings of the bios by resetting it.

:> peace

.

Hope this might help you. 1) make sure your PC is not connected in the electricity, remove the CPu casing, remove the memory, clean the memory gold legs by a clean paper also the memory bank, don't use any vacuum or air duster it may suck-in the dust. return the memory in the same socket turn on your PC. if this not work try to insert the meory in the other socket if there are still available. don't try to remove your processor on the board it may only cause more trouble. if this procedure doesn't work, try to use another memory. only memory is the primary cause for this problem.

ok. this would sound style of dumb and that i'm specific each and every of the laptop specialists will roll their eyes yet i had the ideal comparable concern some days in the past and right this is why... for the final 2 months my laptop hasn't shown ANY equipment archives on start up. the 1st subject i see is my laptop. do no longer understand why. yet some days in the past i accidently grew to become my laptop off manually. purely hit the swap. after that all and sundry i've got been given on start up substitute right into a sparkling demonstrate screen with my visual demonstrate unit saying "no sign". so i pulled my tower aside, seen reinstalling abode windows, finding out to purchase new motherboards etc. then i put in an old video card that DID develop the equipment diagnostics and all that substitute into happening substitute into the laptop substitute into asking me to press F1 to proceed start up or "delete" to pass into set up. by using fact i wasn't seeing ANY demonstrate screen, i did no longer are conscious of it substitute into asking this question. i pressed F1 and each little thing substitute into wonderful. so, my grand suggestion is this... turn on the laptop, wait, then press F1. then wait, and notice if it plenty. concern is, i've got had to hit F1 every time because.

try swapping out a few items, a dead video card will prevent your computers POST (Power On Self Test) from finishing, meaning you will hear no beep and see nothing on your screen.

Pick up a cheap PCI video card just for testing purposes.

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

lots of similar things like this has happened to me.

i just opened up the computer, cleaned it while i took a look at it, and unplugged everything for an hour or two. Some problems will just fix itself if you leave it alone. You can also try reformatting. If its windows, just put your cd in and hopefully it will work.

Do you see the light power turn on,,, if not,,it may be a power supply problem,,, it is not expensive,,,,if you see the light on and the fan is working,,,,it is a motherboard problem,,,sorry,,,this one is hard to be solved easy

If it's making the bootup sounds, it could be a dead monitor or video card. A loose connected video card would make a beeping noise.

there should be a battery on the motherboard,for BIOS.

If its moved from his place the bios can not start.Maybe its enough if you replace that battery or just push it back in his place

May be your Ram card may not working properly....

Check it out............