keko8338 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

I want to go to sleep?

I can't sleep, my mind wont shut off, there are things going on at work I can't stop analizing! Any sugestions... I just want to go to sleep, I was laying in bed for over an hour! GRRR

Favorite Answer

HONEY BEFOR GO TO SLEEP DRINK A GLASS OF WARM MILK,TRY TO START READING A BOOK .IT WILL DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE STORY.THERFORE YOUR OWN THOUGHTS WILL BE DIAPEARED .MEANWHILE YOUR EYES GET TIRED BY READING ,THERFORE YOU CAN SLEEP .

ALSO,NEVER THINK THAT YOU CANNOT SLEEP THAT IT SELF MAKES A QUESTION IN YOUR MINDE AND PREVENTS YOU OF SLEEPING .

Im haveing THE SAME problem!!! My body feels tried and want to sleep but no, my mind is still wide awake. Grrrrrr even a book or movie isn't helping :-( I think cause christmas is coming, that might be why. I have this problem every year.

Get the TV and PC out of the bedroom. Don't eat late. No caffine after 4 pm. If that still doesn't work, then go to the doctor.

Insomnia (sleeplessness) is due to stress, dietary and medical

problems. By making small lifestyle changes like having a fixed

daily routine, relaxing and eating properly, insomnia can be

cured. I found the information at http://tinyurl.com/jfzpz useful

for getting sleep.

I've had that problem.

You can try to distract yourself with a relaxing activity and hopefully fall asleep ( I usually go on line).

I've also taken medicine with a sleep aid Nyquil or Tylenol PM

Or try masturbating ( I know crazy -lol-), but really it relaxes your body and eventually you fall a sleep.

That happens to me too, when you close your eyes, you see things that is significent to you, that is what happened to me. A way to overcome this is to think of a blank sheet of black paper or surrounding, the entrance to sleep is keeping your mind calm, nothing should occupy your mind when you sleep. That might help you. Good night my friend.

try an over the counter sleep aid. if this does not work, try valarian root which is an herbal medication sold at walgreens, rite aid. if still cant sleep go to dr. you may be suffering from anxiety.

take the Daily Newspaper, and read it in bed. Or read a boring book, like maybe a text book that you don't like. It always helps me.

goodnight

Eat turkey and drink warm milk

well i lay there 6 hrs or more and dont sleep so you arent all that bad off yet.