What happened to all my Itunes songs?

They were alive and well a few minutes ago, but I just opened up Itunes and they were all gone, as well as my playlists and everything. What could have happened? My files are still here.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This happened to me a couple years ago and I still don't know why. Some files got deleted from your computer somehow that iTunes needs. I know which ones they are now and I back them up.

You could check if they are in your Recycle bin, but I doubt it.

The names start with iTunes and they are files of type xml and itl.

They belong in a directory called something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

Source(s): Same experience.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

this happend to me yesterday im so P****d off about it. i had just put new songs on there too. i left it on to down load (from acqlite) and when i came back and opend itunes (im using a mac btw) all my playlists and songs were gone (apart from a few songs that were the first songs ever put on my itunes list)!! i didnt do anything for this to happen. altho the recycle bin had been cleard that day, maybe that had something in it that deleted my songs? i dont know.

so now i am sitting here downloading all my songs back >.< *sigh* i even had songs i had put on from cd's which i dont even have anymore. and songs i dont even remember the names of! Argh! *shakes fist @ Itunes*

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've got no clue, but stop buying music. I swear iTunes is defective... I bought ONE song from their store, and after a while, it wouldn't work anymore on my iPod! Download LimeWire... get songs for free!

• 1 decade ago

did you syncronize? it earases all your songs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.