what is the meaning of .gif extention and can i convert a photo in .jpg file into .gif file?

i have a difficulty to host a photo so that i can view it in internet browser

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

.gif is an animation image.

.gif file can only display 256 of colors.

You can convert .jpg image to .gif by using Adobe Photoshop.

Open the .jpg image, then save as .gif.

• 1 decade ago

Graphics Interface Format (gif)

Can usually be converted to jpg (file name set up by the Joint Photographic Experts Group -JPEG)

• 1 decade ago

yes you can convert a jpg file to gif. for example in photoshop, when you open your gif file, just choose file > save as> click the drop down menu and find the gif extension...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gif is file using for internet presentations.It is smaller than JPeg.Also, this file can be animated.You can convert JPEG to GIF.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I usually right click on the pic and go to edit, this should take it to something like paint, depending what your comp has. From there go to file and chose save as. You should be able to then save it as a gif file from the drop down menu. good luck :o)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

First, open up your word record. Then, push Print Preview. Zoom until the shown website takes up the full window (with out being shrink off). Push the PrtScrn button on your keyboard. pass to MS Paint, and push EDIT-PASTE. you at the instant have a image of the website. Repeat for different pages.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.