Anonymous

Why can white people be racist against black people, but black people can't be racist against white people?

i am NOT being racist. i am just curious.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

People are people and racism is open to everyone, it knows no color or creed. Therefore anybody can be a bigoted fool regardless of his or her color.

Now with that being said you have to dig into history a little and see what happens to non-whites when the exhibit racists behaviors as opposed to white who do so.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Racism requires support form the whole community and it is not just some individual calling someone else a name. White Racism has been supported by laws both written and unwritten. White Racism was supported by the government of the USA and backed by the military. The fact that all American Presidents have been White is an example of White Supremacy in America.

So called Black Racism does not exist. It is not a functional racism. Black racism may exists in the heart of some black individual but please show me how it effects white people as a community? It doesn't.

I hear white people on yahoo answers saying all of the time that when a black person says something that they consider racist that they just go on about their business because it doesn't bother them one iota.

The effects of White Racism is something that can be measured and counted. The effects of Black Racism on White America does not exist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

White people have the power to put racism in effect.

• 1 decade ago

because when white people are racist its too much hatred.[ex: KK meetings, websites] but when a black person does/says something that is conseidered racist to some people, is at a comedy festival/show.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

racism works both ways, i don't get why people have a problem with a particular race here take people on face value.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.