How do I make my PS2 play movies?

My PS2 is having problems loading my Ricki Bobby movie and it has problems with some other movies. The disk does not spin at all. I can play most movies and video games. Any ideas? I know it is not a Bluray or HD-DVD, it is a regular DVD from Wal Mart.

Favorite Answer

Check you 'reigon setting' on the DVD. Depending on the country you live in, it varies a lot (eg. reigon for Australia is 4). If it's different from the one on your PS2, without a reigon changer of some sort (eg. DVD Reigon X form codejunkies.com), its a no-goer. Sorry! If that's not it. got to the PlayStation website and see if there is any tech support pages that will help you.

utilising bootleg video clips? those probable do no longer artwork with the aid of layout used to tear or burn them. purchase them for genuine, no longer at a flea marketplace or for much less high priced. in case you purchase a type-new, in basic terms got here out action picture at $2, that's an unlawful replica. although that's confusing that it will play copied video games. i will have sworn that there became some style of replica secure practices on the PS2. As for the fool that mentioned the laser's broken, how come the video games nonetheless artwork? The PS2 runs on one laser. The video games would desire to nonetheless artwork. replace: in case you acquire unlawful video clips and burn them to a DVD-R, then no, it could no longer artwork. i don't be attentive to why that's working pirated video games, yet your unlawful video clips do no longer artwork. and that's no longer some thing that i could admit on the information superhighway... purchase your video clips, or do no longer watch them on PS2.

U just put your DvD in ps2 and hold the power botton from red turn green.(hold 4 a few second)

try cleaning off the disks... also your laser that reads the disks might be dying out... but try bringing the PS2 into the store that you got it (if you got it at a game store) or call technical support

Call technical support.

put in a DVD no matter....except a burned one..

it should work...

mine does