How can you hear yourself think?

Favorite Answer

When you shut all outer sounds and get involved with your own creativity.

Excellent question. How do you hear yourself think..You focus, concentrate, have complete solitude, and let your thoughts flow..It's much like meditation, it's very solemn. When you are at peace with yourself and have piece of mind you literally can hear your self think, try it. I can also compare it with reading to yourself, it's the same concept..comprehending exactly what you are thinking

Your prefrontal orbital lobe, Broca's Brain, hippocampus and auditory centers are all contected in a way that mean you can hear your thoughts as words - and the thought of words, so to speak will register as your brain as language recognition - so you get to by pass the acuatal speech part.

But that leads to the larger question - if language is what seperates us from beasts (because really, your dog might understand "sit" and "stay" as far as language, does he understand astract concepts like "liberty" or "justice"?) what leads us to have the ability of astract thinking - oh wait, that leads us back to the prefrontal orbital lobe...how does consciousness come from that? ooooh, now thats a question to keep ya up at night!

ok now this question is a very sensitive 1 that i personally hear very often although if i put my head to the floor of the library i may get a vibration or two every time you think of me with my shirt off or my barn door open, now kick it up a notch polski

yes. but usually, your words speak it for you. it can also communicate from words and body language. but if you want to hear yourself think, think of it. But try to speak through your brain and listen what you can hear....silence.

By being alone and listening to yourself.

you can think out loud. then, everybody else will know what you are thinking too.

i am thinking out loud right now

i like pickles

When you are aware and concentrate

wow thats freaky....i just realized i can hear myself without talking....

your aware