ways to stop falling in love with someone (serious answers plz)?

I've met this guy who seemed pretty great ( at least thats what it felt like the first time we met) and for the first few months...we clicked right away. Then suddenly...we started to drift...and that just made me want him even more-like I was missing him. And usually I'm never like this about guys. I usually tend to like or date someone w/o having those " speical feelings." And the worse part about this is that everytime I hear a certain song or see something ...my mind always thinks about him. Everytime I go out with my girlfriends and i go home at night...my mind always leads to thinking of him...and it drives me INSANE! I wish I never even met him...because I don't want to fall in love with him. I feel like I'm too young to fall in love with him and that there are much more important things in life than...him. So please, does anybody have any advice?

Favorite Answer

Best way of stop falling in love is to erase his phone number and not call. Your instincts are telling you something - "you're too young". Trust yourself. You don't have to figure out why are you attracted to him. You already figured out that it's bad for you. This is enough to act upon.

• Caper

First, quit calling it "love", it's not, its obsessing. Kee-rap I wish I knew why we all have to go through these things, but nobody does. Some things to try to help it go away; get involved in a new activity, make new friends, go see a play, basically, give your brain something new to play with. Whenever you want to obsess, picture yourself in a beautiful place where you are safe and at peace. Then there's the good old standby of gritting your teeth and waiting for it to pass, which is a lot better than letting this determine your future. Don't forget to feel proud of yourself, you're smart enough to recognize that this isn't right and there are more important things in life awaiting you. The losers give in and let it be a big mistake in their lives, the winners wait it out and learn from it.,

Why on earth would you not want to fall in love, love is everything, it is the only thing in life that matters. Yeah it hurts but it is also the most amazing feeling, nothing compares to it.

You need to find out how he feels about you.....he might be doing the same thing......if he is, you guys will great together and you will have to let youself fall in love with him. If he doesn't feel that way about you it will be much easier to stop thinking about him....

You know, I hate to say this, but if that's the first time you feel like you're really falling in love, there's probably nothing you can do to stop it. I know that I couldn't, and I tried everything. Just let your feelings do what they want, since there's few ways to stop them, and then wait til they calm down and you feel normal again. Just waiting for it to pass I think is the best way to deal with it, cus the more you try to tell youself that you don't want to like a guy, the more you'll feel like liking him. So it's very tricky. And that's my honest answer.

I kinda in a way had the same problem. Dated a girl for 2 years broke up for 3-4 months and just thought about her all the time. Went crazy and really saw what i had missed. Making up for it now we are trying to get back together, but i had to ask myself this question. Will you miss them, or miss the idea of them.

This should be good news but you want it to be bad. You are going to have to accept that you are in love with him. In order for you to get over it, you need to face him and communicate. Do you know how he feels? I do not know the whole entire story but if you say it is true and all, this can be your lucky guy. You guys drifted. I bet we all have at some point in our lives with relationships. I am married and my wife and I drift alot. We find ourselves still together for 10 years.

Good Luck and happy holidays.

• NoMaD!

Sounds like you need to accept the fact that you are already in love with him. Sometimes when its true there is no way to stop hence why its called falling instead of gliding or hovering in love. If someone is stuck in your heart, in your head and you cannot seem to get them out maybe it is cause they are suppose to be there.

-NmD!

Would it really be that bad to fall in love with this person ??

I guess the only thing you can do is try to keep your distance from this person and try and keep yourself busy with other interests. It will take time ...

I honestly think that comes with time. He became a part of your routine...and that's not easy to rid yourself of overnight. The crazy thing is when you do get to that point, you'll be amazed how simple it really was.

• LABL

You don't want this guy - you want what this guy represents to you and what you think this guy is/can be in your life.

How do you stop falling in love with him - Just do it! Get on with your life and get off of this fantasy island you have created for yourself.