What do you get someone for their wedding if I haven't seen her for 3 years but was best friends with before?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A Silver picture frame

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Obviously, the first place to go is their registry but you wouldn't be asking this question if the answer was so obvious. You are probably very worried and concerned about what you should get because there are some unresolved issues. If you haven't seen this person in 3 years, I am assuming that for some reason you two have grown apart.

I find that with friends you haven't seen but were once very close you should give them something that they will need but you might want to write something meaningful in the card. Do not feel that you need to spend a lot of money on their gift because they were once your best friend...however make the choice something that they will need to show that you still care.

If they are your best friend, try also to give them a call before the wedding to see how they are doing - to reconnect. Weddings bring out so many emotions and your phone call might even be more special then a wrapped gift.

• 1 decade ago

well, i am getting married in a week, and don't give them a picture frame. From experience, i would NOT want that. Starting out together after a wedding is always a financial burden, so give them something that will help them. A gas gift card was a good idea, and look at their registry. be creative, and think of things they actually need and can use. Also, if you used to be best friends, think about things she used to like, and go off of that. Chances are she is still interested in them, and will be impressed you remember. It's more person, and will mean a lot more.

• 1 decade ago

First of all, are you invited to the wedding? Do you still want to be friends? What is the reason you haven't seen her for three years? All of these things make a difference on what you get and how much you are willing to spend. Most brides and grooms are registered someplace so you know what they would like. Answer the questions and go from there. Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

1) Look at their registry, if they have one.

2) Try some massage oils and candles.

3) A gas card--impersonal but useful in this day and age

4) A spa gift card

5) A gift card from Target, a Visa gift card, etc.

6) Wine

7) Money--you would be surprised as to how valuable an impersonable gift can be

8) Scrap book gift card to a local chain--she's going to have a LOT of moeny to spend to make a scrapbook.

Things not to give:

--Picture frames, random little trinkets: every couple gets 20 thousand little things that have no place in their lives.

--If you're traveling, either order it ahead of time, get it when you're there, or send it. Unless it's a gift card or ornament, don't take it with you on your journey

--Don't go over your budget. If you can only afford $20, don't give $200.

Source(s): Once a bride
  • 1 decade ago

Ask around to see if they have registered somewhere and you can check the list to see what they want and what has already been purchased. Short of that, a very nice picture frame (at least 5 x 7 size) is appropriate.

Source(s): Former Wedding Consultant
  • 1 decade ago

For an old friend, get her a really nice personalized picture frame, put the names of both the bride and groom on it and the date the got married.

This way, you kept it simple and at the same time you made it personal for her and her newlywed.

• 1 decade ago

to be safe look at the registry.... or give a cash gift (money is always needed).

otherwise you can try to find something that will be ok with any style and colour that they might have in their house. something neutral and classical... or something original for the kitchen like a fondue set...

best of luck... enjoy the wedding...

• 1 decade ago

I would think any kind of things for the home would be good. I don't think the fact you haven't been in touch has much to do with your gift. Depending on how much you are spending, I think blankets, sheets, towel sets, dishes, lots of things to choose from

good luck

• 1 decade ago

That depends, because allot of people still get registered and some people still have wishing wells too, so what I would do is verify if they're registered, and/or proper etiquette for wishing wells are a minimum of 50.00. So good luck.

Source(s): Me, Myself, and I.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.