winder1time asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

if a turtle loses its shell is it naked or homeless?

Favorite Answer

For the two hundred and thirty third time-----Both !!!

Anyone for two hundred and thirty four ???

Well its dead a turtles shell is a part of its body like an organ.It can shed small layers of its shell like a lizard sheds its skin though.

I think both, which in the end(at least in the turtle's case) equals dead. I don't think that they can live wihout their shell. Their bodies are very soft, and the shell protects their internal organs.

• Jen

Both naked and homeless.

its dead..theya re already naked, it is a part of there body and they are not homless, that is like if we lose our nails, are we naked??? NO, are we homeless???? NO, go pat yourself on the back for asking the dumbest questions ever on yahoo answers

It's a gonner.

A shell is a big part of a turtle...

sorry

Neither. I think it's dead. This reminds me of something my mother said when I was a kid.

She asked me if our cat slept in his clothes or spent all day in his pajamas. I thought long and hard about that question, gullible child that I was.

The shell is part of its skeleton. Without it the animal would have no support and couldn't get around. So I'd have to say DEAD.

Residentially challenged.

I would say if it loses its shell, its more likely its dead. Not like the cartoons.