energy levels on a diabetic and how to overcome the lazinessand being tired all the time?

Favorite Answer

Controlling your blood sugar is the key. Before I got mine under contol, I slept all the time and was lethargic. After starting Byetta twice daily, I've lost 30-35 pounds, and am brimming over with energy. Good luck....it gets better.

1

Source(s): Reverse Any Diabetes Easily - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?uqdZ

Most likely if youre feeling tired all of the time your blood sugars are abnormally high. Im a type 1 and keep really tight control on my blood sugars so they never get that high. I know when I was first diagnosed and my blood sugars were around 1000 I was feeling exhausted. You definitely need to be checking your blood sugars on a regular basis and eating a healthy diet and exercising. I do all this and never feel tired. You can make small changes at first if its hard for you but remember how much you enjoy having your kidneys, eyes and all your other organs in good working order for motivation. It is vital to keep your blood sugars between 90-160 if you dont want complications. I check mine 8 times a day and my A1c is 6.1. You should probably have yours checked. Well Good Luck!

• GEEGEE

If your blood sugar level is high, that will make you feel as energetic as a slug, but once it decreases and stays steady, your energy level should pick up. Also being overweight, which is common in type 2, can be draining so if you need to lose a few pounds, try and do it, and that should help in this regard also.

I am a diabetic and when I get this way I will eat a orange or drink some orange juice. But the most important thing is to follow your diet, take youre meds, and excerise every day. But if all this fails be sure and tell youre dr.

What are your blood sugars like when you feel this way? Test your blood sugar and treat the high or low blood sugar. make sure you are taking your medication as directed and sticking to your diet. Also have you had the A1C test done? If not talk to your doctor about it, the test gives you a three month average of your blood sugars.

• RBRN

It certainly can drain you. But if you take your meds right, stick to the right diet and exercise, there will be a big difference. Avoid all sweets and simple sugars, white bread. Replace them with whole grains, veggies, fish and poultry, lots of fiber and water and you'll feel like a new person.

Source(s): retired RN and diabetic

keep your blood sugars as low as possible....maybe u need insulin....

good luck to u !!!

exercise!