How can I get rid of a weird smell from my car?

I have no idea where it came from. My mom says its probably humidity (we recently bought it and it's a used car), and it smells less now but I need some ideas pleaaase!

Favorite Answer

Charcoal. Put some charcoal in the car overnight or for a day or two and it will take away almost any smell.This is an old trick my dads driver taught me. Cost effective too.

I had this problem with my vintige BMW. Spray lysol directly into the airconditioning vents. There might be some mildew. Do this regularly for a few weeks. It really helped the odor in my car. Also, if the car's owner had little kids and they ever spilt milk in the car, lysol won't help. Splurge on a shampoo and detailing. Might run you $100-$150, but they can get the bad smell out of your upholstery. You cannot. You can't win against the milk... it's nasty and hard to get rid of.

Try putting in pandan leaves. Tie them together in a bunch and leave them in the boot and beneath car seats or somewhere inconspicuous. You may try some celica gel to get rid of the moist first.

Put a bunch of Downy Dryer Sheets in it and keep it locked up for a few days. Fabreeze spray helps too.

• Jen

A thorough detailed cleaning/shampooing of the upholstery and Febreeze for Auto should do the trick.

Vacuum the inside of the car good.

There is a product call Febreze that is good with odors in fabrics.

Spray things well & see if it helps

Spray Febreeze on the seats and the carpet.

this happened to me a couple times, the first was rotten tomatoes in a bag stuck in the truck, NASTY. the second time was the air conditioner. so that needs to be looked at. try your AC.

clean it really good and then spray air freshiner

Wash your behind!