Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 decade ago

I live on farm and i wana know who gave roosters secret knowledge to to wake me up 4am?

Favorite Answer

I think that`s the temperature.

Chickens wake up from their sleep because of the change of the temperature. Between 3 to 4 am, the temperature start to change to be warmer, and it makes all the chickens wake up. after wake up, the roosters "cook-a-doodle-do"

Source(s): //

That's why the U.S. went to daylight savings time. People were getting sick of that. So it was President Johnson I believe who gave them that knowledge back in the 1960s when the Daylight Savings Time bill passed both houses of congress. He practically lived on a chicken ranch in Lagrange, Texas, and he had a lot of experience with chickens.

They do it on instinct. Probably years of waking up at the same time every day just gave them a built in alarm clock!

roosters have very poor eye sight so when the sun breaks the darkness just a very little bit they get so excited they start crowing.

Source(s): me

He is the cock of the roost & he knows when to get up! So shake a leg gol durn it!

....I don't get it! They struck out a word that is perfectly valid! Phooey. Next thing you know, I'll get a violation! What other name can I use for opposite of "hen?" GOOD GRIEF.

They just naturally get up when the sun's up or something.

Maybe that's why they creaed the bird flu.

I really wanna know too!

Jesus...he controls everything!