Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

a friend has a speed habit?

her teeth are not in great condition,and she is worried that her mercury fillings may(leak)into her mouth and body.is this possible and what would the symptoms be(show out as)

Update:

the fillings at the back of her mouth(large double teeth)about 5 0r 6 in total,were put there in late 70+80s (uk)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In order to get even minor mercury poisoning in this manner, you'd have to have about 5,000 mercury fillings.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

You must take a seat down together with your freind and speak to her. Explain to her your emotions on what she is doing and the way unecesarry and dangerous for her you consider it's. Offer her your help as good..if she is aware of she has a being concerned and safe buddy then she is much more likely to tug via this without difficulty. And additionally i wouldnt propose you taking the medicines, despite the fact that yours isnt a addiction, there's a very satisfactory line among fitting hooked on some thing and simply doing it and feeling in contorl, believe me i hve visible it occur. However don't forget theres handiest such a lot you'll do to aid your buddy so if she doesnt repson in your aid then it can be time to get soe better authrority worried corresponding to her father and mother or a relied on buddy. Good success :]

• first of all, if this person is worried about a little mercury poison, have this friend get a catscan of the brain/heart, then tell me what shes will worry about more. people, people, people, the teeth is the hardest substance it or on the body, if its eating her teeth, just think what its doing to her brain/heart. plz get help for her or anyone else in this condition or even just starting out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The silver fillings are infact mercury filled and yes they can leak she should get them recapped if they are falling apart. But dentist claim the silver fillings don't contain that much mercury in them to do severe damage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know someone who had their mercury fillings removed, all at the same time, and when they drilled them all out they got mercury poisoning....They have to be removed a small portion at a time, but I don't think undisturbed, they would cause any upset. Don't quote me on that though.

• 1 decade ago

If shes on speed ,mercury is the least of her worries. Besides they are all going to fall out anyway.

• RBRN
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

How old are these 'mercury' fillings? And, where did she get mercury fillings? Certainly not in the U.S. Ask a dentist.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. It is possible that the mucury filling of teeth may have been leaked out and gone into her stomach. Murcury is not digestable and its effect in stomach results in skin disorder and also in eys. Please take care.

• 1 decade ago

Well, if she has bad teeth then she might get them replaced. But i don`t get the mercury thing. If they are so dangerous why would the people allow them to get them on ? Don` worry , they won`t they won`t break !

Pleasure to HELP !

Salik

• 1 decade ago

she has to be very careful, i have seen such case that if you are a heart patient, than you can get serious heart problem. so don't take it as a joke cause even if she doesn't have, weak heart patient have chances to get heart problem thru leak

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.