Why American Goverment ignore the suffering of the people in the African continent but,helps the middle east?.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Africa does not have a natural resource that Americans will pay for. If slavery was still possible Bush will be over there lickety split.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because right now Africa has nothing that we need, or are not already exploiting from them at pennies on the dollar anyway. You can bet that if Africa or any country from within had anything we wanted or needed more than OIL, that we would be right over there to wipe their people off the continent ! In a Democracy the people run the government , unless the People are asleep, or have been put to sleep! (you may want to look into that). A handful of criminals are running this country, until you wake up and get a grip , You are part of the problem ! Terrorism originated from Al Quida, they originated right here, at our Pentagon ! Am I lying, show me!

Source(s): ae--phx18
  • 1 decade ago

The USA gives more money and aid to Africa than all the other countries in the world combined. What is your country doing? Why must Americans ALWAYS have to pick up the tab for the rest of the world?

You morons who say it's about oil have no clue about the real world....You think everything can be summed up in a sound bite. You will never get a clue. You are sickening. What is your beloved Hilary, or Obama, or Teddy doing about it? Nothing!

I guess the Billions that the US is spending on AIDS prevention, Education, Food, Shelter in Africa is all about oil too?

Frigging ignorant retards. Why don't you read the US budget and see how much we spend over there. That's not to mention how much the American people donate each and every year to the less fortunate. We are the MOST generous nation, and people in the world. You had better learn something in this life.

• 1 decade ago

I have a better question. Why does the American Goverment ignore the suffering of their own people? They should take care of their own first.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The U.S. is the most generous country in the world and does not ignore Africa. Africa continues to suffer from the same chronic problems and the continent seemingly does nothing to address what ails it. Africa must save itself and show the will to do so. One cannot help those who are not willing to help themselves. It is about time for Africa's leaders to lead and for its numerous countries to grow up and mature.

Getting rid of rampant corruption would be a good first step. (no easy feat)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Our freedom and economy do not depend on what happens in Africa. I'm embarrassed to admit that but it is true. Though GWB has attempted to send the largest amount of money than any other American president to help fight the spread of AIDS in Africa.

As for Dafur? I am ashamed. Many of us here are trying to have drastic action taken to stop the madness but it seems nobody on either side of our government is listening. We as American people pray for you and your safety until the proper channels are given a chance to work.

• 1 decade ago

The role of government is to expand. The reason the US government is expanding in the middle east instead of Africa is because the Middle East is a powerful political block for future expansion. Africa has no useful natural resources for the government to exploit

• 1 decade ago

The villain in both places is radical Islam. I don't know if you are aware of this fact.

We know the terrorist hot bed is in the ME.

Regardless, our government made the decision to go to the ME, and that's the way it works in the US.

• 1 decade ago

OIL

Operation

Iraqi

Liberation

Same reason the American Government ignored New Orleans, they don't care.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why should we even help anyone? Why not make things better in our own country first? I think the rest of the world should stop looking for handouts and start working on making their countries better themselves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.