do deer in michigan commit suicide by automobile impact?

Why the F*** do they just walk out in the road and stare as you plow into them? maybe they're checking out on purpose?

"ready Louis..on the count of three we go, there's no turning back now, here come the lights...looks like a jeep...jeep cheeroke."

Favorite Answer

Jessica,

Thanks for asking this question. I think in a way it actually answers this question which has plagued me all my life after runnung over a stupid rabbit which appeared to be chasing my car at night and ran right under it, THUD, and it was over.

Yep, suicide fur sure !

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Thanks again,

Coop

i'm a author. What I write isn't only words located on an internet site for the explicit objective of leisure. I positioned my soul and coronary heart into each website, each era and comma has visited a place in me that's no longer medically obtainable, that is slightly me, one i will by no skill get returned yet am ok permitting others to work out it. There comes a time, in plenty (no longer all) writers lives, the place there is not greater soul to supply out, on that day, a great question is requested, and each so often, the respond is self-inflicted destruction. Booze, medications, romance, suicide, one type or yet another for people who won't be able to cope with being that seen to anyone which could study.

You assume that deer have the same cognitive abilities as humans. You assume that the concept of suicide is a part of a deer's cognitive processes--that is absurd. You assume that they recognize a car as a moving object that can end their life. You have aboslutely no reason to think that a deer remotely even thinks as a human does regarding it's own life and the objects that could kill it. You have no reason to think that a deer even conceives of the notions of life and death in the first place. They may have instincts to preserve their lives, but those are not concepts they recognize.

For all you know their perceptual capacities are such that when facing a vehicle moving toward them, they simply freeze due to cognitive inability to process the phenomena.

This whole question is ridiculous.

Yeah, they're under a lot of stress there with the big lay off & all from the Deer plant. They're not sure how they're gonna support the family.~

• Nani

In the last few years my sister clipped on on the corner panel on the passenger side and one that ran right into the side of her jeep. She drives between D. ave. and mattawan. maybe they just like jeeps.

Absolutely not, animals do not think that way at all, especially deer. Deer are kind of like rabbits they dart out when a flash of light comes to their eyes they are sensitive that way. So inevitably when a car comes they may lunge outward out of reflex.

I think they're just an advance scout group, probing our defenses, looking for weaknesses.

All of them are in it. The chipmunks, the armadillos, even the occasional opposum. Testing our tires, our bumpers, even our windshields, looking for a chink in our armor. Then they'll strike. And it won't be pretty.

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

ever hear the expression caught like a deer in headlights i hate michigan deer they are dumb....have hit like 3 of them my self...but i live in souther michigan what can i do nothing fix my car and move on...but i don't think they do it on pourpose i they are just dumb

No,they are actully thinking Here comes two motorcycles

animals lack the cognitive ability of discernment. in other words, they are not smart enough to understand that getting hit by a big truck hurts really bad!