Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Why do i have moths in my house during the winter.All closets are cedar.And they just keep coming?

I live in michigan so it's pretty cold between 20-40 f everyday. The house is clean and in excellent shape with a brick exterior. All hardwood floors some rugs. The moths are small about 1/4 to1/2 inch in size.The previous owner is from korea and the moths are not like any i have seen before. Could they be some exotic spieces from there? I probly kill about five a day and they just don't stop they just keep coming.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you look through all of the loose packaged food you have you will likely find one, or more than one that is just full of these things.

We had a bag of stuffing mix in our pantry that fed the epidemic, but lower quantities of them were in other loose packages. Since we totally cleaned up the pantry the problem disappeared. We had it for a couple of years before we found the source.

One trick we found for getting them off of the ceiling is to take a flashlight, remove all of the guts so you are left with a tube. When you see one on the ceiling, just to and put that flashlight tube around the moth.

For some reason they usually just drop into the tube.

Cover it with your hand and dispose of it outside. This avoids an unsightly blotch on the ceiling.

A vacuum also would work, and any tubular device would likely work.

• 1 decade ago

FIRST WE ALSO HAVE A MOTH PROPLEM.SECOND THEY ARE FROM AMERICA,THEY ARE MOST LIKELY PANTRY MOTH'S,THEY CAN COME FROM FLOUR,DOG FOOD,BIRD FOOD,ETC.THEY SELL TRAP'S FOR THIS AT HOME AND GARDEN CENTER'S.ONE MOTH CAN LAY HUNDRED'S OF EGG'S,THEY HIDE IN WORM DRY PLACE'S.BUT WE HAVE FOUND THEM IN OUR BIRD CAGE'S ETC.GOOD LUCK,WE HAVE FOUGHT THEM FOR 2YR'S. NOW.

Source(s): SELF,HOME AND GARDEN MAG.'S,SAME AS ABOVE
  • 1 decade ago

they like you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.