YahooGirl asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Anyone gets clotted blood while menstruating? What causes it?

I'm on the pill but I haven't had any problems. The blood is occasionally (like for 1 day a month) thick and clotted. Some of my friends say this happens to them sometimes too and it doesn't bother them but I'm curious as to what causes it. Should I be worried?

Favorite Answer

well it is normal, don't know how much of it you get i guess everyone is different, it comes from you endometrium lining shedding every month while you are on your period because it thickens to get ready for implantation when you start to ovulate. and then when you don't get pregnant, it has to shed and start the process all over again. i always tell every woman that you know your body, so if you feel anything is excessive and not quite right, just get it checked out. you can never be too sure.

hope it was a bit helpful.

take care!

• Clots are normal. I had to stop wearing tampons years ago because they caused me to clot terribly. I hate the pads, but it's better than the cramps & clots. I still do get a few clots, but nothing like I use to.

• godre

You should only be worried if they are really big. It is perfectly normal for clotting. Every woman that has a period has clotting. If you are young, you may want to discuss with your doctor what is normal, etc.

yeh..its happen to me sometimes..im curious about it too..i'd asked my mom but she just said that's usual thing occur to women..nothing bad about it..but i think better you go for doc for more info..

All the time, chunks of it! Sorry! Guys!