what is amazon.com's ranking in e commerce business?
- imisidroLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
No data has been released yet for 2006 as the year is not yet over.
But for 2005 according to the Internet Retailer Magazine's Top 500 Guide http://www.internetretailer.com/top500/ , the top etailer is AMAZON.COM . In 2005, it had web sales of $8.490 billion. Barnes and Noble is #30 with web sales of $439.7 million (though total sales including stores is about $5. 1 billion).
Here's the top 10 ecommerce sites and their web sales for 2005:
1. Amazon.com = $8.49 billion
2. Office Depot = $3.80 billion
3. Staples = $3.80 billion
4. Dell Inc. = $3.78 billion
5. HP Home and Home Office = $2.83 billion
6. OfficeMax Inc = $2.57 billion
7. Sears Holding = $2.16 billion
8. CDW Corp = $1.77 billion
9. Sonystyle = $1.62 billion
10. Newegg.com = $1.30 billion
eBay is not considered an ecommerce business but a shopping portalSource(s): http://www.internetretailer.com/top500/
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I'm guessing ebay is the number one e-commerce business.
I really don't know who number two is, but I would think that Amazon is number three. But Amazon isn't doing real well these days.
Maybe barnes and noble is number 2.