Touchy question: Are there self-recommenders on Yahoo Answers, as there are on Yahoo Message Boards?

The reason I ask this is because I have noticed a certain individual always -- ALWAYS -- gets 3 thumbs ups, no matter how throwaway his or her answers are.

Not wanting to rush to judgment, I checked back through several days worth of answers, and lo and behold, this number held remarkably constant. (And consistently netted 3 pts., even for such non-answers as "Do you mean a dollar bill?" that offer no further attempt to answer the question.)

As a further test, I threw out a mild insult at this user, within one of the threads to which he was responding. Amazingly enough (not) I got 4 thumbs down.

If you knew someone was playing the point system here unfairly, would it make you angry, or would you shrug and not give it a second thought? Would yahoo answers administrators care to know this? Is it a violation of terms of use?

Best Answer

obviously, there are cheaters everywhere. Including here. These are the same people that use aimbots in games and wall cheats. You dont gain anything but a higher score, but these people feel good about themselves by having a bigger score, and a bigger e-life. They are also the people on forums that post crap like postcount ++! just to have like 10000 posts even if they are worthless.

Let them do it I say. who cares if someone wants to waste all their time here self recommending themselves. The people here that really care take pride that they know a lot of stuff and can help other people out.

• Rose

Not sure about that Elric although there is always a first time! I think you could be very attracted to them but not sure you could love anyone unless you met them. I met my husband on Yahoo Personals and of the 100 or so profiles I looked at I kept coming back to his although he didn't show a photo so there was some attraction there from the beginning. One meeting and we were both in love !!!!