Whats the best way to take off wallpaper on old walls?

I need to take off some old wallpaper, and I would really like to find the easiest way to do it. Possibly without making to much of a waste of effort and time. Thanks so much!

Best Answer

You won't believe how easy this is... Go to any store where they sell wallpaper supplies, etc. Home Depot will do, too. Buy the tool to score the wallpaper. It looks like a mini pizza cutter but with spikes on it. Run this up and down and all around the wall. Then take windshield washer fluid, the blue kind (which is unbelievable cheaper than wallpaper removal liquid sold commercially). Put it in a spray bottle and spray the wall in sections. Once a section has been sprayed, slowly peel off the wallpaper. The small bits that are left can be lightly scraped off with a squeegie or any other scaping tool. The liquid works much better and costs less than the rental of a steamer. And your home won't get all humid and steamy.

You should always give the wall a rinse with fresh warm water to remove any excess glue.

Source(s): I am my source: Diva Decors ReDesigner
  • mister

How To Take Wallpaper Off

I swear by a product called Lestoil. It has always come through for me to remove wallpaper. Even the OLD foiled kind!

Score the wallpaper in sections. Mix 1/2 cup Lestoil in 2 gal. pail of hot water. Sponge on liberally, especially along the score lines or seams at first. Once it starts working, use a flat, about 4 inch, scraper and have at it!

You can also wash the walls when finished to get remaining glue off and you are ready to paint, or size & wallpaper all over again!

p.s. Lestoil is made by The Clorox Co. Their number is: 1-800-537-8645. You can get it in Michigan and when I moved to Florida I asked my local grocery chain to order some and they were only too happy to oblige.

Good Luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): whats wallpaper walls: https://tr.im/dd7QH

See if you can find a place where it is alread coming off. Gently take it off from there. (Maybe)

Otherwise, just paint over it or put more wallpaper over it. That's a whole lot easier.

peel off the outer layer of the wall paper, then take a sponge soaked with hot water and wet the backing, use a plastic squeegie to remove the backing

what i have done that worked well to remove a whole room is go to your local home improvement store like lowes or home depot and buy a power steamer wall paper remover. it works quickly. if its a small area you can buy a wall paper remover spray.

• john t

RENT A STEAM WALLPAPER REMOVE FROM TOOL RENTAL STORE

Steam works well most of the time