Do you think the media is over doing it about these lost hikers?

It's really bad that those hikers have got lost and I really do hope they find them, but they are expert hikers and they took the risk of hiking up a mountain in winter, and now hundreds of rescuers who have families of their own, are risking their lives to try and find these people and this has been all over the news networks non stop all day. THREE EXPERT hikers are lost on a mountain and could possibly be dead and are getting more news coverage than an American solider killed in Iraq ever will.

Best Answer

Yes. I'd be more interested in them focusing on the poor souls sleeping outdoors tonite, families living in cars, people unable to feed/house themselves even though they have a job, or on why even more jobs have been lost to overseas, pollution, escalating violence everywhere, finding a solution to our illegal immigrant problem, why various healthy foods are suddenly sickening people ie:spinach, lettuce... drug use, violence in schools, road rage, lack of literacy, why we aren't demanding more use of solar, wind, alternate energy sources for powering our homes and cars, child-elderly-spousal-animal abuse, and so on. There are millions of more important issues out there.

I feel for the hikers & their family, but they knew the risks. I'd rather we focus on real issues and problems in our society rather than folks who know the risks and still decide to wander up a mountain in winter for sport. & yes, if one of my family members was up there I would feel the same way.

• fozio

I tend to agree with your point of view, they are expert hikers and they did not knowing the dangers & risks. I honestly think the media has a very weird way of selecting what is hot and what is not. Of course, we never hear of the what is not, but I am sure there have been 100's if not thousands of more important incidents that took place at home or abroad that could be more important.

Why did they decide to focos on the lost hikers, beats me. Media often makes a big deal out of tiny incidents. One thing for sure, media power is just huge.

• josh m

Ya the media is breaking this country down if they can get ratings out of it that's what news they're following this in hopes that the hikers will be found dead so they can sensationalize everything about them and their family.All the stories all day 95%is neg . maybe 5% is pos. and it's a shame our society thrives on it.

I'd rather hear stories about lost boy scouts or coal miners then Anna Nicole Smith & Angelina Jolie's new baby she adopted...that gets old very quickly. I think people like the other stories b/c they are more interesting & they are an "average Joe", rather than Britney Spears in rehab...who cares!

I'm sick of irresponsible people who always expect others to bail them out. Like you stated, these are expert hikers. They should have made contingency plans in case something went wrong concerning their climb. Instead they go off doing as they please. Others are supposed to be concerned about the hikers safety and place their own at risk to save them, but that wouldn't happen if the hikers took a measure of responsibility for themselves. The hikers aren't the victims, it's the people who are trying to rescue them that are the victims. The hikers made their bed, I'd leave them to lie in it.

at most this news of survival should get a few seconds of play for one day andperhaps a few more seconds of recapping the conclussion. I wonder who pays for the search party, besides we tax papers. Any idiot who climbs a mountain in the middle of winter because it is there, should be smart enough to pay for his own rescue.

well i think its been on the news alot but i dont know. one hiker already died

doesn't the media overdo everything for at least 2 days?

A little but not really. imagine that some one from your family got lost on a mountain

• ?

One was found dead today. I guess its a slow news week.