uraa01 asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

I have sharebuilder and I bought some stocks and got charged 15.95 if i want to sell them will I get charged?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you pay on both sides of the "round trip" - however, you can transfer your shares to another brokerage firm with lower costs at no charge.

Yes, you will be charged again if you sell. If the value of the stock goes up and you sell, then you'll subtract the $32 from the profit you made. If you are concerned about $32 when you are investing, then you might want to rethink your strategy. A long term trader would be holding a stock for 5, 10 or 15 years and longer. The gain in value would easily cover the cost of the trade. You might check out stock advice from http://www.marketedge.com/ or Value Line (usually available at the library or split the cost with a friend.)

There is a (commission) fee for buying and selling securities, such as stocks, warrants, options, etc. Count on the same $15.95 charge. The good news (if you itemize deductions) is that you can deduct the fees on your income tax.

Yes - I'm afraid so - the worst part is if you buy in another currency - you will lose a lot on the currency spread (conversion costs).