uraa01 asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

I have sharebuilder and I bought some stocks and got charged 15.95 if i want to sell them will I get charged?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you pay on both sides of the "round trip" - however, you can transfer your shares to another brokerage firm with lower costs at no charge.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you will be charged again if you sell. If the value of the stock goes up and you sell, then you'll subtract the $32 from the profit you made. If you are concerned about $32 when you are investing, then you might want to rethink your strategy. A long term trader would be holding a stock for 5, 10 or 15 years and longer. The gain in value would easily cover the cost of the trade. You might check out stock advice from http://www.marketedge.com/ or Value Line (usually available at the library or split the cost with a friend.)

• 1 decade ago

There is a (commission) fee for buying and selling securities, such as stocks, warrants, options, etc. Count on the same $15.95 charge. The good news (if you itemize deductions) is that you can deduct the fees on your income tax.

• 1 decade ago

Yes - I'm afraid so - the worst part is if you buy in another currency - you will lose a lot on the currency spread (conversion costs).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.