buying a car that was impounded from a towing yard has a lien on it?

will towing yard give me papers to go too dmv to transfer it in my name? or how does this work ?i know ill have to smog it i live california

Favorite Answer

yes, they will give you the nessary papers to get it registered at DMV :)

make sure the lien paper go threw.then tow yard will have the pink slip. either you or tow yard must have the car smog check(sometime repairing a car to pass the smog cost more than the car is worth),after passing smog,tow yard must give you the pink slip after you pay them

By the time they offer the car in a public sale the lien will be off it. They had to notify both the registered and legal owner that they had the vehicle and give them a change to pay fees and pick it up. If they didn't they will have the paperwork to take the lien off when it's sold.

You picked one of my favorite ways to find a used car cheap. Its no hassle all the paperwork is provided. Go to DMV and they will take care of the rest.