How to remove ignition switch on a 1977 Ford Thunderbird?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If it's the same as earlier models.There is a small hole just below the key.Insert key,turn to on,while pushing a paper clip(Straightened)into the hole.It should pop right out.

• 1 decade ago

Ignition switch, or cylinder and key

For the cylinder and key, if you don't have tilt wheel you have to remove the steering wheel, and pull up a little on the signal light switch, there's a hole you put a punch in it with the switch on on, press the button with the punch and slightly turn the key to start and pull it out.

If its the switch its down the steering column

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i cant keep in ideas. i imagine you turn the swap to acc and them push a paper clip contained in the detent hollow and pull the lock mechanism out. i wager thats why you want the foremost. search for "Larry's thunderbird parts" and perchance a sparkling swap will do. i merely appeared at my sixty 5 and also you turn the foremost to acc and push a paper clip contained in the small hollow to get the tumbler out. perchance this promises you with some recommendations. sturdy success

• 1 decade ago

the switch is located on the steering colum under the dash disconnect the battery before you start

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.