Kenmore 9562710 Fridge the fridge part warm freezer cold?

Favorite Answer

Could be an obstruction in air flow, which could be caused by several things. Condensate drain may be blocked in the freezer, causing an ice blockage; this can block the flow of air from the freezer into the fridge. And along the same line, could be a bad defrost heater or timer; if they aren't doing the job, the freezer will not defrost and ice will build up to the point that air flow to the fridge is completely blocked. If the evaporator fan in the freezer was bad, you would be getting warm in the freezer, too.

Source(s): 30 years in the trade

I even have this concern on my 2004 Whirlpool element by ability of element of the freezer way too chilly, yet that's no longer the 1st time. The final time it befell, I emptied refrigerator and freezer and took out some areas to learn get admission to to the vent which became clogged with ice. I unplugged the unit, thawed the ice to sparkling the vent, and left the doorways open for 2 days to be sure each thing became thawed out. I replaced the sensor, yet later got here across that the previous one became no longer undesirable.I plugged the unit in returned and placed a pair thermometers interior. The freezer went back to way too chilly (-20*) and the placing dial is on '0' (on a nil-7 placing) the warmest placing. Now it has iced up up returned! Why is the freezer so chilly on the warmest placing?

could be the fan in the freezer not spinning.. or not defrosting. if the fan quits then it wont circulate the air to the frig part. if its not defrosting.. then it becomes a big icecube which radiates cold to the freezer area. alot of times the fan just gets stuck. fans are cheap too. if your pretty handy .. you could take the freezer apart in about 10min.

it soulds like you have a fan not working and are in dire need of a good refrigeration tech you can do it yourself get a book from sears find out where the fan is and replace

Source(s): 40 years in trade

check fans inside and out make sure they both have good airflow. make sure condenser is clean.

the thermostat relay is going out.