Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for angry chick music?

Well Im burning a CD with what I call angry chick music. So far I have Kittie, Otep, Jack off Jill, Kidney theives, Skindive, Aimee Allen, and Crisis. Can anyone give me any recommendations on bands that kind of have the same sound?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • CAE
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try Kelly Osbourne (1st album), Alanis Morrisette ( before she took zoloft), Aimee Mann (Til Tuesday), Evanescence, Carly Simon had a great one (the name escapes me though You' re so Vain?) , Joni Mitchell's "You Turn Me On , I'm a Radio. , My name is Luca -Suzanne Vega. and Yes, I am scared that I have a list

• godde
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I Hate each and everything approximately You- 3 Days Grace Tears do no longer Fall- Bullet For My Valentine smash- 3 Days Grace revolt- 3 Days Grace enable pass- purple Scream- Thousand Foot Krutch (no longer a screamo music) pass- Thousand Foot Krutch *** on sense The Noize- Quiet revolt

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Darn, you've already named most of the bands i was plannin on saying, heh.

But other bands you might as well try (not all are as heavy as say Otep, but it can't hurt to try it out):

Lacuna Coil

Flyleaf

The Distillers (yes, i know, very punkish, but some songs are just plain badass)

In This Moment (very underground, but they do an awesome cover of Slayer's Postmortem!)

Those are the only ones i can think of right now, sorry.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Donnas, Amy Ray, Lisa Germano, The Blow.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Bikini Kill is your band for angry riot grrrl music.

also

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Soviettes

Sleater-Kinney

X-Ray Spex

L7

Hole

• cas
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

probably not in the same line completely but ani difranco untouchable face is cool

• 1 decade ago

my give a dam in busted by jamie o neal

when god fearing women gets the blues by martina mc bride

before you cheat- by carrie underwood

these are all country songs btw

• 1 decade ago

old school courtney love always let me release anger when i was mad. try flyleaf too... :)

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.