03' Dodge Ram coolant leak?

Hello

I have a problem with my 03' dodge ram pickup...

It's leaking coolant...

I noticed a huge puddle in the passangers footwell...

it also appears that it penetrates down and then outside to the ground.

I checked all the hoses and everything seems fine..

What can it be?

fyi...

my truck recently overheated ...it longer overheats...it was missing coolant

• logan
    Favorite Answer

It is the heater core located in the dash/firewall. The part is reasonably cheap for an aftermarket replacement. Labor can be a little expensive. There is a possibility being as it is a 2003 that there may or may not be a warranty on vehicle. Which means the dealer will repair. If not look for a good mechanic. Unless you are pretty handy and want to get a reference book. Then you could try and fix it yourself.

If its leaking from the midsection and the bottom of the motor can be a freeze plug. A mechanic will favor to change it for you. in many cases its your water pump is lengthy gone undesirable. The water leaks out of the bottom of the pump,down the front of the motor,below and then drops on the floor. in the adventure that they don't look the leak get a flash mild, open your operators guide to work out the position those places are and verify right here places. Radiator and drain plug. top and decrease hose to radiator. both heater hoses. stick with the finished gasket around the motor.

Your heater core is bad. That is why you have coolant inside the cab. On ground because of "drain plugs" in floorboard.

The heater core or hoses to it are leaking. heater core is located inside cab under passenger side dash.