Can someone please give me some good advice?

Well me and my fiancee have been trying to make a baby for about 10 months now and I'm really getting aggravated I have a daughter already that just turned seven in October ; and it took almost a year then. I do have an irregular period and when I went to the doctor he gave me a perscription for some hormone pills called provera to regulate my period but I don't know if you can ovulate while taking that so what would you suggest

Favorite Answer

Doctors usually prescribe Provera for 10 days to get your period to start. But you only take it for 10 days, not all the time. If you are not having normal cycles, I suggest charting your temperatures to see if/when you are ovulating. You can chart your temps online at Fertility Friend. It's a great resource and it helps you calculate when you ovulate. If you find you aren't ovulating, visit with your doctor. You may have to be prescribed Clomid (or something similar) to get you to ovulate.

Also, the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an awesome book that I learned so much from, and it taught me how to chart my temps and determine when I was ovulating. Good luck to you!

find out if those pills are a form of birth control. Provera sounds like a birth control.

Anyways just to let you know, I tried for 5 years to get pregnant. I finally am. I did it by losing weight. I went 2 years without a period, and after that it was pretty irregular. I was not obese but had extra padding on me that messed up my cycles.

Anyways if you are skinny please disregard this.

I just know thats how I got pregnant after 5 years of trying.

If you're engaged, why don't you wait until after the wedding... I know, call me old-fashioned! Just like to see things in their proper order!

Sorry I can't help with the other stuff... don't know about provera.

Ask the doc to see if they are able to provide you with clomid. I used it in the past but didn't get pregnant it help a lot of my other friend out. I have to do IUI thru IVF in Feb. Good luck!

get off the pills and this may be gross but try it on your last day of your cycle that seems to do the trick Good Luck

did you tell him you were ttc? if not then go back and talk to him just to be sure. i also suggest buying an ovulation kit if you can. I used one and it worked great.

i would suggest that you talk to your doctor about what you want to do. maybe whatever he gave you is stopping it. good luck.

Why is your FIANCEE trying to get you pregnant? Try a HUSBAND and it just might work.

well hun i would say that if your doctor said u can then u can

ask the doctor if u can use something else .......try after u are married