Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

A Tub Promblem!!!?? A Plumber Question!!!!!!?

Ok, well My tub is 6yrs old I think something like that and the spout is dripping *DRIP* *DROP* and so fourth and I want to get it fixed put haave no money for a plumber sadly........ ANY ADVICE BESIDES CALL A PLUMBER WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What brand is the faucet? Most faucets 6yrs old have a cartridge type faucet that is easily replaced with a screwdriver. Mine is a Price-Pfister. I found out the toll free number, called them, and they sent me a free replacement cartridge, including installation instructions.

• 1 decade ago

you need a new cartridge for the faucet. Look on the faucet for the name of the maker, go to a plumbing supply store and ask them for a cartridge for it. Follow the directions that come with it.....get someone to turn the water off before you take it apart. Simple job !!

• 4 years ago

There are a number of the way you may take care of 'em. Use slug bait pellets to kill as many slugs as achievable outdoor and so decrease the numbers accessible to flow into the homestead. The pellets would properly be scattered thinly or placed in small thousands under tiles. The instructions on the packet touching directly to dealing with slug pellets and the risk-free practices of kin animals could be accompanied. The pellets would properly be offered from backyard centres or hardware shops. although, a recognize warning -the pellets not in basic terms kill slugs yet charm to them, they should not be used indoors. in case you comprehend the place the slugs are entering into, in simple terms run extremely copper tape throughout your door way (they sell it in maximum nurseries to maintain slugs from window containers) & it extremely is environmentally friendly too! in case you may not discover copper tape, copper foil (from the craft save) or any variety of copper will do. you're able to even run a small strip of copper roof flashing (avail at hadware shops) throughout your threshold, your window sils or throughout your porch steps. you may try putting salt around the sting of the bathtub or use a lager catch. placed beer in a bowl. The slugs love the stuff and that they're going to flow slowly in and drown. protecting them out of the home is your suitable wager. purchase some caulk and plug any hollow you come across to assist save them exterior.

• 1 decade ago

shut the water off at the main, remove the hot & cold spickets and replace the rubber gromut at the back of the faucet you removed.

replace and reverse this method

Source(s): merry christmas
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

inside the spicket is a seal and it needs replaced. it is not exspensive to fix at all.

• 1 decade ago

learn how to spell

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.