My dishwasher keeps leaking, any advice?

Our dishwasher is five years old and it keeps leaking. It leaks like nothing's doing, and I'm getting annoyed! Every time we try and do a load of dishes we have to put rags under it. That may be beacsue we have 7-8 people in the house at all times and we have to fill it up pretty tightly, but why does it keep leaking?

(It is a maytag.)

Favorite Answer

run the dishwasher on the regular cycle for about 30 econds without any dishwasher detergent or dishes. open the door and see if you have a lot of soap bubblrs. means that you are oversudzing. next check the lower and upper spray arms for clogging or cracks. the water level should be just below the heating element. make sure the dishwasher is level and not tilted forward.

if leaking at the door, under the door, must be the seal around the door.....check to see if the seal needs to be pushed in somewhere or is damaged....

tip: try running the cycle with no dishes in the washer and see if it leaks........sounds like a gasket in the door to me.....also check hose by removing the front panel on floor and check there....

lic. gen. contractor

maytags have a good warranty on them. it sounds like you have a hose leaking.

what is of the washer, maybe needs to have some of the pipes replaced. also don't over load it.