Dallas or Houston?

Soon after I finish college I plan on moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth or Houston area and I will have a degree in both video production and graphic design. I heard that the job market in these two fields in the Dallas area is VERY competitive is that true? Does Houston have a big job market in these fields as well? Does Houston have a big job market in these fields as well? If so, is the job market competitive there too? Which city would be best for jobs in my fields, Dallas or Houston?

Favorite Answer

I lived in Dallas for 3 years and have spent tons of time in Houston as well. The above poster is right about Dallas feeling "cleaner" than Houston. Houston has so much traffic, congestion, and industry that it just feels like a overgrown city. Dallas has a more glitzy feel to it. From what I hear, Dallas has more "media savvy" job market. By sheer size though, Houston might just as much to offer to you in terms of job prospects. I think if you have narrowed down to these 2 cities than you really can't go wrong with either one.

I think both Dallas and Houston are competitive in these areas, but if you're very good at what you do and you got that confidence to show it, then you should do well in either city.

I prefer Dallas, specifically because of the weather. It can get really hot and muggy in Houston during the summer. However, like anywhere else, the work is out there. You just have to do the research. Start now so you have a job prior to moving.

I think you would find both cities amazing...but i think houston has a rougher environment but they have a great job market....dallas is awesome (i live in dallas) but does not have as much fun stuff like houston...i really think you'd prefer working in dallas though

Good Luck

Dallas has a 'cleaner' feeling than does Houston.

Dallas. Houston has a higher crime rate but more jobs.

I have no idea about your job field but I will say if you move to Houston try and move to a suburb of houston and not in houston...

• Brandy

Dallas would be a great area for you to work. Good environment and people.

Houston is very competitive.

houston , enough said