Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 1 decade ago

my lips are swollen. i think its something i ate. does anybody know how to reduce the swelling??

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Take CLOSE note of what you've had to eat. One of the other ways food allergies act is to close up your airway, which is a bad thing. Get evaluated for allergies soon.

I believe a doc would prescribe Benadryl, but it would be irresponsible to recommend it to you without knowing your current medications and medical history.

• 1 decade ago

Benadryl and ice. If these don't work, or you start to have difficulty breathing, go to the ER right away. You could be having an allergic reaction called anaphylaxis, which is often fatal because the air passages swell shut. Try to avoid whatever you think you ate that caused this reaction and be sure your doctor is aware of your allergic reaction.

• 1 decade ago

drink milk everyday and pay close attention to what u eat u may b allergic to something tht u dont even kno about also take benydril (i have no clue how to spell it) but if the swelling continues id go 2 the doctor 2 c if he can help u and if u try ice on ur lips thts all i got!! sry

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Benedryl works well. Also known as Diaphenhydramine. Take 1

25 mg capsule and wait to see reaction. It can make you drowsy so dont drive or do anything that you will need to concentrate. If you get no results call the local emergency room, or your doctors service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it sounds like it is an allergic reaction either to a food or maybe an insect bite you. If i were you I would go to the hospital and get checked out. only a doctor could tell you the caused and give you a diagnoses

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Benadryl

• Carole
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If you think its an allergic reaction take some benadryl (anything with an anti-histamine in it).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try sucking an ice block

• 1 decade ago

ice it down and take an antihistamine(like benadryl which is the best). if it gets worse, please go to emergency room and more than likely they will give you an andrenaline shoot.

• 1 decade ago

ice

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.