HELP!!!!! I have lost key to my car (Camry 92) ! How do I get a new key ?

this is the only key I have!!!! no spare keys!!

Favorite Answer

#1 get your VIN# it is on the little plate on the dash or you can find it on your registration.

#2 call the Toyota dealer and tell them you have lost your key.

they can get you a new one using your vin#

#3 you need to take the registration and your ID to the dealer and pick up your new key. It can cost around $10.00

#4 get a couple of spares made.

Source(s): My friend had to do this

Well, when you bought the car there was a little tag that came with the keys. The numbers are the key codes. If you still have that tag, you can take it to the dealer or a locksmith and they will replace the key.

If not, since the same key works everything your best bet is to go to a locksmith and have them cut you a new key. Your other option is to replace the doors, trunk and ignition locks and that is expensive... verrrry expensive.

When you are done, its a good idea to keep a spare key at home for just this type of emergency.

good luck...

• Fred C

I guess it is too late to impress upon you the need to always have an extra key. Call a mobile locksmith. he can open the vehicle if it is locked, and make you a new key. If you have CAA/AAA membership, call and ask if they have a recommended locksmith service. Be prepared to prove ownership of the vehicle before he starts, or he won't touch it.

Call a locksmith. If they don't have a way to make you a key, they'll have some advice. Or you can call a Toyota dealer.

Go to Toyota or call around and try a few locksmith. They will definately put you in the right direction.

the quickest way would be to call a mobile locksmith he will open up up car then cut keys to which ever lock you choose..goodluck

You'll probably have to call a toyota dealership.

you have to the compoany; dealer, they will have to order a new key for you!

Look under the couch.

Check your other jeans pockets.

go to wal mart or wherever u bought ure car