What's the greatest price you would pay for immortality?

I'm not too sure.

Favorite Answer

Difficult question, but really, what CAN you give up? If you were immortal, then you'd be able get almost everything you're able to give up back. For example, if you give up your house, you're immortal, so you have forever to earn the money back and buy it. And, you don't need a house if you're immortal- you can't die from pneumonia from living on the streets.

Now, the only things you'd lose and REALLY lose would be non-material things like your soul, your mind, your intelligence, yoru family members, etc. Personally, I wouldn't give up these things, because they really make up a big part of why life's worth living. Would you really want to live forever without a soul, without your mind, without your family members, etc? It'd really be more of a curse.

But of course, that's just my opinion. =]

I don't think I would pay for immortality.

I mean, I don't welcome dying anytime soon but I think too long in this world and I would just be bored and lonely. Yes, you can create separate new lives forever and keep making new friends -- but that would almost be like living a ruse. And where would the fun be in that? :)

Besides, I consider myself a person with a tendency to think too much, so if I'm immortal, I would have too much time on my hands to think. Which is a little scary, actually, because then my existence might suddenly dip into paranoia for all eternity. Which would mean that I would forever be locked in a mental cage of my own making, without consciously choosing it, and I think that would be horrible...

Eternal separation from God would be the highest price anyone could pay for immortality. Nothing is worth that.

Depends on mood. If I'm feeling nice, I won't pay a thing for it. When I'm grumpy, I'd nuke every living thing in the world.... except for women. I like attractive women. Okay, I'd nuke England, there's very few attractive women there.

The price I would never pay for immortality is subservience. I'd rather die on my feet or burn in some religions version of hell than live forever on my knees before any "greater power."

Source(s): I haven't died yet, my theory is that I'm already immortal.

Would you really want immortality? You'd outlive all of your family and friends, your children, if you had them, everybody ... how lonely! While it isn't even close to immortality, I watched my Grandfather, who lived to be 96, out live his wife, 2 brothers, 3 sisters, all of his childhood and adult friends and 1 grandchild. While he lived a very 'full life' by all standards, there were times that, even though he was still surrounded by his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, he was very much alone! How sad! Would you really want that for yourself? Not me!

i would only want to be immortal if all of my friends family and loved ones would be immortal too, or else there would be no point in living forever.

I guess you had some answers like this.

If you get immortal,you'll pay it with lives of others,the ones you love. You'll lose them,and suffer,'cause,it's well known,one who stays,suffer the most.

I don't know who'd like to have this "gift". Unless it's for all ;)

Who would want immortality? Yeah, nobody wants to die, but it's the way life works. If you just lived forever, you'd hate it. You'd see all your friends and family members die. You'd watch your children, your grandchildren, and great grandchildren die, and you'd always stay the same. Dieing is a part of life. If you don't die, you can't really live.

"Don't be fear death, fear the unlived life"

-Tuck Everlasting

well not my soul cause you need that too feel, and not love cause then you'll be lonely for the rest of your life but any possession i would give or sacrifice too, i mena if im never gonna die i can get away with alot then

Source(s): my mind

i would give my life. if you give your life for immortality then you just get it back as soon as you become immortal.