I have a new Hp Laptop, one problem....?

its an HP Pavilion dv5000 and it works great, the only thing that bothers me is that when I start it up, and Windows XP is loading, and you hear that music, it skips, it sounds like ****.. WHY?

Favorite Answer

Heya,

It could be a couple of things, it is possible that there are a lot of programs loading at startup causing contention for CPU resources which causes the sound to skip. Or it is possibly a problem with the driver. Perhaps check for any audio driver updates on the HP website to see if it is a known problem. However if it is only happening on startup I would be edging towards contention of resources.

The only way around that would be to turn off some of the programs that load at startup, or turn off the startup sound.

Regards

Stuart

http://www.followmyfitness.com/

a simple solution is to hit mute before you log off. It start up you don't here ****..