I have ZERO water coming out of my kitchen sink faucet?

I have all pressure on the sprayer on sink faucet.All pressure in both bathrooms and outside spickets and washroom faucet are fine.I have checked for kinks in plumbing under kitchen sink.I am stumped. What can my problem be??

Favorite Answer

Damn right! don't bother with the valves, don't go under the sink...

it can be one of two things...

1) THE AEREATOR IS PLUGGED. (this is my guess) unscrew it from the end of the spout, turn on your faucet and see if you have water. if you do, then wash out the aereator, screw it back on.

if not...

2) It has to be the deverter that controls the water from the spout to the spray. if it is this, you have to shut off the water, take the whole spout loose, and somewhere under where the spout was is a little spray deverter, pull it out, take it to the hardware store and replace it.

good luck

dave

journeyman plumber

Your pipes are frozen. You need to insulate your crawl space, and put a vapor barrier down. 3 mil plastic to cover windows works great for a vapor barrier. You can get normal faced insulation and put that around the foundation allowing it to hand down along the foundation wall, but not touching the ground. Close any venting holes in the winter too. When you do this, the heat from inside the house will be sufficient to heat the crawl space and keep the water flowing. If after doing that, that isn't enough, you can wrap the pipes with heat tape for those really cold nights. Be careful you don't get too hard a freeze. If it is galvanized pipes they can withstand a good freeze, mostly. If the pipes are copper, they can swell, and my burst. If they are CPVC, then they will crack and actually split quite a long distance. However, CPVC are the easiest to fix, and you generally won't need a plumber. Good Luck

There is a valve usually somewhere under the faucet or even in the basement. Sometimes, they loosen or lose effectiveness because of the pressure of water that may be entering the pipes. Especially if you have a dishwasher feeding off the same pipe.

If you have water flow to the faucet then there may be a blockage of some sort in the faucet. Take the faucet off and examine for junk in it.

Check to make sure the valve is open to the kitchen sink faucet.

On the end of the faucet is a little screen inside the airator.

Unscrew it, and clean it out.

Plugged line to the sink or the valve under the sink is stuck shut even tho the handle says it is open.

The aerator is clogged. It is at the end of the faucet discharge. Unscrew it and clean the screen.

It's possible that the water company is working on the water lines in the street, and have shut the water off.

Dave got it right. my guess is the aerator